Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect With Us On LinkedIn Watch police videos on BluTube
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By eljefe241
  • 2 Post By TopSite

Thread: Federal regulatory agencies' SWAT-like teams

Lead P1 Forums Moderator TopSite's Avatar

Federal regulatory agencies' SWAT-like teams

Federal regulatory agencies are creating their own special law enforcement teams to conduct arrests and raids. That includes the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Food and Drug Administration and the Department of Education.

Really??? Are our kids so bad that the Department of Education needs a swat team to round up those who are truant?

Read the article below and post your comments.

Why Do FDA Agents Have Guns?

I have never learned anything while I was talking!!!

Whup-Whup-Whup .... Is it black helicopters?

OMG, it's the Social Security SWAT team coming to get Granny for illegal Bingo games! Okay, no helicopters but they're using armored power wheelchairs and tactical black walkers ... A 'flash-bang' grenade disrupts the Bingo game, the SWAT team smashes the door with the battering ram and the old ladies repel the attack with pudding cups and Depends pads. Defeated and humiliated, the SWAT team withdraws to their office to request assault vehicles in the next budget cycle.
    TopSite and insignisbellator like this.
    Skill and cunning is always better than luck ... Luck always seems to be against the man who depends on it.

Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot.

"I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter I want him to quit in practice, not in a game." - Coach Bear Bryant / Alabama

Lead P1 Forums Moderator TopSite's Avatar
    Jefe,

This entire story reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago.

About 1980 my ex-wife's father had a heart attack just a few days before thanksgiving. He owned and operated a market in East Los Angeles and this was about to become a very busy shopping season before the Christmas holiday. I lived in San Diego at the time and I went on annual leave to stay in the LA area to help run the market until Christmas.

As many people know, East LA is primarily a Hispanic neighborhood but one day, a well dressed Caucasian female came into the store, walked around for a few minutes and and when she arrived at the check-out stand to pay for her purchases, she had a bag of pinto beans, some rice, and green chili peppers. Not exactly foods that a non-Hispanic would come to East LA to purchase. After I weighed each of her items and told her the amount she owed, she reached into her purse, pulled out her ID and in a loud voice said "California weights and measures (or something similar) - DON'T MOVE"

I laughed, pulled out my identification and said "DEA - I won't." She then stepped to the door, gave the "bust signal" and motioned for her male partner for come in to the store.

She was checking to see if I was over charging and as it turned out, I had under charged her by a few cents. I am sure glad I wasn't busted. I would probably still be in Pelican Bay.
    Last edited by TopSite; 06-26-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    delzo70 and insignisbellator like this.

I have never learned anything while I was talking!!!

Post 9/11 everybody wants to be tactical. Federal regulatory agencies having tactical teams?? On the flip side small municipalities, small counties with tactical teams is just as ridiculous. On the state/ local level, a lot want to be tactical without ever being good at what they were hired to do, police work first. Standards suffer when everybody becomes a swat member. I wonder how many swat members nationwide would want to be tactical for an entire year on a two way range? (I know many who never served or chose to take a leave of absence and put their money where their mouth is). Cool vs. real commitment.