Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect With Us On LinkedIn Watch police videos on BluTube
Register
    Verified LEO

Officer Invovled Shooting Documentary: Now Filming

I'm currently in production of a documentary on officer-involved shootings. As an officer, I've seen how officers have been portrayed in the wake of a shooting and I committed to filming a feature-length movie that shares the incident, impact, and implications from the officer's perspective. If you or someone you know might benefit from sharing a story, please visit the website

Officer Involved: A Documentary

The movie offers an inside look at the media, legal, personal, family, career implications, etc.. for someone involved in a shooting. Far from a story about the negative aspects of these incidents, the film offers a human perspective on police officers and the everyday heroes who serve our communities and country. Several well-known authors and researchers have come on-board the project to assist with sharing the realities of an officer-involved shooting. Anything sent through the Officer Involved Project website is seen only by the sworn officers who are making the film. Thank you all for your service.

(Just tried to access the blog from the webpage and it bombed.)

Looks like a worthwhile project.
    Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
    Among Texas' finest
    Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005

Verified LEO

Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by chapwolfe View Post
    (Just tried to access the blog from the webpage and it bombed.)

Looks like a worthwhile project.

Thanks for the heads up chapwolfe. Issue resolved. Be safe out there.

Junior Member Premeditated Fitness's Avatar
    Agreed with chapwolfe. Looks like a worthwhile project indeed. Good luck!

EDIT: Your contact page mentions contacting for information on financial contributions. Have you given any thought to adding a paypal "Donate" button to your contact page or setting something up on kickstarter?
    Last edited by Premeditated Fitness; 03-19-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Verified LEO
    I agree, this sounds like a worthwhile project. Are you just looking for OIS where the officer is the shooter or are you also interested in when the officer was the victim? We have had 3 incidents in the last 5 years where a total of 4 officers were seriously wounded (one shot in the head) and all have fought back and are either back to work or almost ready to return to work. All are incredible stories that have not only affected the dept. members (and community) emotionally but also effected training and policy in our organinzation.

OIS 12/2006 Sonoma County S.O. "Roadside Showdown" in Blood Lessons by Charles Remsburg.

You want input from Police that have been shot on duty ? Unfortunately I fall into that Category now...

Verified LEO
    Thanks for the comment. I am currently on a timeline to launch a crowd-funding page by summer. In the meantime, anyone who does wish to make contributions can reach out through the 'contribute' tab and we'll speak offline. All donated funds are being used to film the project. Tavel is the biggest consideration.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Squib View Post
    I agree, this sounds like a worthwhile project. Are you just looking for OIS where the officer is the shooter or are you also interested in when the officer was the victim? We have had 3 incidents in the last 5 years where a total of 4 officers were seriously wounded (one shot in the head) and all have fought back and are either back to work or almost ready to return to work. All are incredible stories that have not only affected the dept. members (and community) emotionally but also effected training and policy in our organinzation.
    Thanks-
    We are currently seeking any officer at any level who has been involved in the use of deadly force. I am personally following up with every person who sends a message through the 'Contribute' tab. Most interviews will take place this summer with planned destinations across the US. Please reach out if you have a story to tell: Contribute

Lead P1 Forums Moderator TopSite's Avatar
    Stack333, you state that you are in law enforcement, but after approximately six months you have not been verified as a LEO. I think you and your project would have more credibility if you contact Member Support to provide them with the necessary LEO information
    I had the honor of working with these fallen Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Agents
    Special Agent Ralph N. Shaw May 14,1976
    Special Agent Enrique S. Camarena March 5, 1985
    Special Agent Arthur L. Cash August 25, 1987
    Special Agent Meredith Thompson August 27, 1994
    Special Agent Donald C. Ware October 12, 2004

I have never learned anything while I was talking!!!

Verified LEO
    Thanks for the tip on verification. I am now verified.

Update: The project is coming along pretty well. Anyone interested can see the first teaser trailer at Officer Involved: A Documentary
    Anyone who wants to support by either contributing a story, contributing financially, or just sharing the idea may do so as well.
    Thanks for to everyone who reached out through this forum with your ideas.

Lead P1 Forums Moderator TopSite's Avatar
    Stack, you still are not verified. If you were, your user name would be in blue font and Verified LEO would appear below your name. Contact http://www,polieone.com/support to get this corrected.
    I had the honor of working with these fallen Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Agents
    Special Agent Ralph N. Shaw May 14,1976
    Special Agent Enrique S. Camarena March 5, 1985
    Special Agent Arthur L. Cash August 25, 1987
    Special Agent Meredith Thompson August 27, 1994
    Special Agent Donald C. Ware October 12, 2004

I have never learned anything while I was talking!!!